As a small studio we do not hire often, but we are always on the lookout for talented designers to work with.
Please send your CV, covering letter, availability and notice periods, current salary and portfolio (including office drawings) by post or email to:
1-4 Lamp Office Court
London WC1N 3NF
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we won’t be able to respond to everyone individually.
Part Time Finance & Administration Assistant (Three Days Per Week)
We have a vacancy for a conscientious and reliable finance and administration assistant to join our busy and friendly architectural & interior design studio in Bloomsbury.
This is a new position that will primarily provide valuable support to our diligent client billing department. The role is an integral part of the management team, aiding this and other vital areas of the business with proficiency and consideration.
Working closely with our business director, our ideal candidate will have astute knowledge of accounting principles as well as clear business and administrative acumen. They will be able to communicate practically and clearly, have strong attention to detail and possess a kind and positive manner.
• Preparing and issuing invoices and statements
• Accurate data entry and documentation
• Corresponding with clients and client representatives
• Assisting with filing, recording fee proposals and reports
• Timesheet reporting and analytics
• Organising and maintaining client records
• Assisting with appointment letters and client engagement contracts
• Liaising with, and supporting directors on project fees, terms, resourcing deadlines and cashflow
• Following the RIBA Code of Practice for Chartered Practices and ensuring this is closely adhered to, monitoring regulations, and reporting important updates to the wider office
• Communicating with external design teams, clients, and advisors such as legal team, accountants, and insurance brokers
• Assisting with benchmarking reports and assessments
• Assisting with professional indemnity insurance renewals
• Identifying areas for improvement and streamlining processes through evaluation and review
Skill requirements for the role:
• Confident working knowledge of Excel, Word, and online accounting software such as QuickBooks
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Capability to handle confidential information appropriately
• A minimum of 18 months’ experience working in a similar role
• Agility to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and grammatical knowledge
• Levelheaded and efficient
• Approachability and perceptiveness
An interest or knowledge of the architectural industry is advantageous; interest in contracts and legal frameworks is very welcome.
The role is part time, working Tues, Weds, Thurs preferably (although we can be accommodating) and while Wednesday should be spent in the office, there is flexibility to work remotely on the other two days.
Please send your CV, covering letter, current salary and notice period to:
Application deadline: 30th November 2022